Position: Austin B-cycle Field Operations Technician
Join Austin's original, non-profit bike share system and help revolutionize the way people get around downtown! We just expanded to 76 stations and almost 600 bikes and are looking for a hard-working team member to help us ensure our riders are getting the best possible experience.
The Field Operations Technician is the vital cog in the machine that keeps Austin B-Cycle running smoothly. The Field Tech is responsible for ensuring the system is balanced, so there are always bikes to check out and always dock to return bikes to. They're also in charge of making sure the bikes are clean, fully operational and above all, safe. They must be able to work autonomously and think critically, with some strong troubleshooting skills for good measure.
If you think you're a good fit, read on and apply!
Daily responsibilities include:
• Driving company truck to balance bikes between stations
• Evaluating bike and station conditions and making repairs when needed
• System maintenance: cleaning stations, airing tires, etc.
• Working full time hours for special events (e.g. SXSW, ACL), with possible overtime
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
• High School diploma or equivalency
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to safely lift 50+ pounds
• Basic knowledge of Austin street layout
• Basic bike mechanic skills a plus
• Must be available to work various shifts, including possible evenings and weekends
Well qualified candidates can show strong interpersonal skills, adaptability, dependability and punctuality.
• All positions pay living wage with annual cost of living and potential merit raises
• Time and a half pay for holidays
• Earned paid time off, up to 48 hours per year
• Annual Austin B-cycle membership
• Discounts on bikes and parts/accessories
**Health care coverage is not available for part-time positions
Nondiscrimination policy: We are committed to diversity among our staff, and recognize that success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services. We are an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Mike Kimbro, Director of Operations. No phone calls please.